Date(s) - 18/09/2021 - 19/09/2021
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Bishopston Recreation Ground
Categories No Categories
Healthy laid hedges provide a stock-proof fence, a significant windbreak which contributes to the welfare of stock and woodland corridor for birds, plants and small mammals.
The 4 day course (over 2 weekends) will take you through the skills and knowledge to enable you to tackle laying a hedge. No prior experience needed.
What you will learn on the course?
- Basic principles of hedge-laying, its benefits to wildlife and stock proof features
- Practice how to cut with a range of traditional axes and billhooks
- How to successfully pleach and lay a hedge
- Hedge staking and binding
- Identify the main hedgerow trees and shrubs
Who will be teaching you?
Bob Smith is an experienced tutor in traditional rural skills including coppice management, hedgelaying, green woodworking and yurt making.
Where will it take place
Bishopston Recreation ground, we will continue to lay the recreation ground perimeter hedge. Outdoor clothing and foot wear recommended.
£120 for 4 days, registered unemployed £10
To Book a place
Phone Bob 07572500946 Jules 07964530436